ID Exchange Pty Limited
If you are based in Australia, we wish to inform you that ID Exchange is an advocate for good Privacy practices. As such we encourage you to understand the Australian Privacy Act 1988 Cth – know your rights. If you are from abroad, please take the time to seek out the Privacy Legislation relevant to your Country and specific jurisdiction.
For products and services that reach consumers abroad, we observe International Privacy Legislation such as the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) in order to meet the high benchmark and framework standards and provide consumers with aligned Privacy Enhancing Technologies.
Here’s the easy version;
At ID Exchange we believe we need to have a clear and transparent reason to use your personal information. It’s basically about us being ethical and good stewards when looking to use your personal information as part of the lawful basis (Privacy Act stipulations) for the rightful use. Respecting your rights as a citizen and consumer is important to us and core to our philosophies.
Even when our business is under the threshold of jurisdictional legal compliance, we may at times still request your consent to activate access to personal information to provide you services. Like if you’re using our Poll’s or providing information to our mailing lists and communications.
We like to honour your patronage by interacting with you through a transparent and consented manner. As a Privacy Enhancing Technology and consent business, we take seriously your rights provided under Privacy legislation for services delivered through compliant and regulated data sharing frameworks.
ID Exchange minimalize both the collection and the sharing of personally identifiable information. Many of the conditions provided in this long form policy are stated to cover our position as we grow and scale.
About the personal information do we collect?
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable.
This means that we may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details.
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Name; Email address; Telephone number and other contact details.
- Private and Sensitive identity information, Digital Signatures, Device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, digital marketing SEO statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, advertising data, IP address and standard web statistics or log information.
- Additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or
- In-directly through your use of our website or online presence or through other websites or
- Various accounts from which you permit us to collect information.
Other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your individual or business dealings with us or our related companies.
As a privacy and data governance service provider, we will ensure we are transparent in all data collection processes.
About how we do or may collect personal information?
We may collect personal information either directly from you, or from our related company sites like www.optout.com.au, www.pollthenet.com or www.cloudinsurance.com.au or third parties such as digi.me.
We may (but rarely) collect this data information when you:
- Visit our website/polls or interact with us in person.
- Whilst communicating with us through correspondence, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites operated by us.
- At times when you interact with our various websites, services, content and advertising.
About why we do or may collect, use and disclose personal information?
It is important for you to know why we may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information. The following provides a list of purposes that may take place (however we do our best to respect your personal data and privacy and limited all forms of data collection) such as when;
- Enabling you to access and use website(s) operated by us and our other services;
- Giving us consent to act on your behalf to evoke your Privacy Rights in accordance with the Australian Privacy Act 1988 Cth, to as your authorised delegate provide permissions and authorisation(s) pertaining to data usage and access rights to your private, personal and sensitive data sets.
- Accessing data ranges as authorised to better understand the collective moment of data access rights authorities across the Australian Public landscape.
- Allowing us to better improve, operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, business and our clients overall experience in order to perform analytics, commence research and for advertising and marketing programs.
- Providing us a method to send you technical updates, services, support and administrative information, reminders, important notices, security alerts, and information requested by you or related to your client account.
- In order to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business our associated companies that we think you may find of benefit or of interest.
- By way of administration of programs such as online data surveys, Government Policy updates, loyalty programs, online data polls or other promotional activities or events that our either managed by us or our affiliated partners. Although our services by default limits Personal Information use to reduce risks.
- To comply with our legal obligations as a method to resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our clients or to potentially enforce our agreements with third parties.
- We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the services that you receive.
About who we do or may disclose your personal information?
- Our employees;
- Third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- Professional partners, advisers, dealers and agents;
- Chosen Payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
- Our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- Our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- Anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- Specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- Other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, as required, authorised or permitted by law.
About if or when personal information gets sent overseas?
There are some very rare instances whereas we may disclose your personal information to recipients that are located outside Australia, including to recipients in the UK or United States of America.
About when you are using our website and cookies
- We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our websites.
- While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
* You need to Opt In to consent to such data collection via our website.
Our Security practices
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Links from our websites
About when you wish to access or correct your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the information below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information which we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
When you need more information – please contact us
information, or make a complaint, please contact us using the details set out below:
ID Exchange Pty Limited.
Stone & Chalk Incubator – Wynyard Green
Level 4, 11 York Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Effective: August 25 – 2015
About making a complaint
We hope you don’t have any reason to have a complaint, however if you believe we may have inadvertently breached the Australian Privacy Act 1988 Cth and you wish to make a complaint about the way we have used your personal information, we urge you to contact us using the details set out below.
To bring about efficiency can you please make sure you include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe the reasons for your complaint. Upon receipt we shall acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time.
In the event you believe your complaint has not been resolved sufficiently or you remain concerned, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner as detailed below:
Go online at: www.oaic.gov.au/privacy
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Postage details: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001 or GPO Box 2999 Canberra ACT 2601